(LAST UPDATED NOVEMBER 2020)
JCB Consumer Products Limited (“JCB”, “we”, “us” “our”) is committed to complying with the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) and Data Protection Act 2018 (DPA). This policy describes how we collect, use, store and disclose your personal information.
This policy applies to any personal information provided by you through our website (www.jcbexplore.com) (“our Website”) or through our social media accounts (Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/jcbkids, Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/jcbkids, Twitter – https://www.instagram.com/jcbkids) (“Social Media”).
Our terms and conditions [www.jcbexplore.com/terms-of-use] also apply to the use of our Website, its content and services.
What Personal Information do we collect?
We collect limited information through the Website as it is not an interactive site.
We do, however, collect the following types of personal information about you through your use of the Website:
- Technical Data including internet protocol (IP) address, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access our Website.
- Usage Data including information about the visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page.
We also collect Aggregated Data includes statistical or demographic data, for example we may aggregate your usage data to calculate the percentage of users using a specific Website feature. Aggregate data is not considered personal data, however if we combine aggregate date with personal data we then treat it as personal data.
We do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Date about you, for example race, religious beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation etc.
When you interact with us through Social Media we will collect, store and use some or all of the following categories of personal information about you depending on your interaction with us:
- Contact data – e-mail address, Telephone number, Address, Delivery name and address
- Your comments, views and opinions.
How do we receive personal information about you?
Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information which are downloaded to your computer when you visit a website. These cookies allow us to distinguish your device from other users of our website. They cannot be used to identify you personally.
Cookies do lots of different jobs. They are widely used by owners of sites in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently.
Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. However this will affect the functionality of the websites you visit. You can find more information about cookies at www.allaboutcookies.org and www.youronlinechoices.eu.
The cookies we use on this site are as follows:
Cookies For Measuring Use Of Site
These analytical cookies are used to distinguish users and collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, the pages visitors have visited on the site and where visitors have come to the site from and what third party sites they may visit from our Website. This allows us to make improvements to the site by understanding how people use it. They do not track your browsing activity on other websites. No personally identifiable data is collected. These cookies do remain on your browser after the end of a session for varying periods of between 24 hours and 2 years.
We also have a cookie that is measuring the amount of data traffic to our network and which will lead to an error message if our limits are exceeded. This expires after 1 minute.
The cookies that we use are Google Analytics cookies.
We may receive personal data about you from various third parties for example technical data from analytical providers such as Google.
We collect personal information directly from you when you interact with us through Social Media.
How do we use Personal Information about you?
We only use your personal information when the law allows us to– where we need to perform a contract with you, where necessary for our legitimate interests where those are not override by your interests and rights, for legal compliance and where none of those apply, with your consent.
In relation to the personal information we collect through your use of the Website and from Third Parties, JCB uses this personal information about you:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure
- to understand what JCB branded products you may be interested in
- to improve the website
In relation to the personal information gained through interaction on Social Media we will use this information to:
- to identify who you are when you contact us
- to understand what JCB branded products or services you may be interested in
- to provide information to you regarding any questions you may have with a JCB branded product (although note that we are not the manufacturer of products shown on the Website or Social Media and therefore such information may be to refer you to the relevant manufacturer)
- to manage our relationship with you
How will we contact you?
Unless you interact with us through Social Media we will not contact you. If you interact with us through Social Media we may contact you using the details you have provided.
Who do we provide this personal information to?
JCB will provide your personal information to our service providers who perform services on our behalf, such as IT service providers and to analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of the site
Where we store your information
All personal information we have about you is stored on secure servers operated by JCB or its third party service providers. We have put or ensure that there are in place appropriate security measures and policies to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorized way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality. The third party service providers have access to your personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes. JCB ensures that these third party service providers will only process your personal data in accordance with this policy and applicable Data Protection legislation.
Please understand that your personal information may be transferred to JCB offices operating in countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA) or may be processed by JCB’s third party service providers based or operating outside the EEA. JCB will use appropriate safeguards to ensure that your personal data is treated securely and in accordance the Data Protection legislation in connection to such transfers or processing of your personal data outside the EEA.
You have the following rights in connection with your personal information processed by JCB:
- Access – you can request access to your personal information and further details about how your personal information is handled by JCB
- Object – you have the right to object to our processing of your personal information for direct marketing purposes or where the processing isn’t necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by JCB or by a third party
- Rectification – you can request rectification of any incorrect personal data held about you
- Erasure – you can request erasure of any personal data where the processing isn’t necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by JCB or by a third party
You can exercise any of these rights at any time by contacting us using the contact details provided below.
Please note when you seek to enforce any of your rights, we may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity as a security measure. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
If you are concerned or have questions about how JCB handles your personal data please contact us and we will do our best to assist you.
Please note that you have the right to lodge a complaint with the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (or any other appropriate supervisory authority), which may be accessed through the following link https://ico.org.uk/concerns/.